Chinese-Forums

how much should i pay for repairs in Beijing

gprince

Hi,

I'm with a language school in Beijing which arranged my accommodation. The other day I slipped and hit the wall, me being a largish fellow and the wall rather flimsy I punched a large hole in plaster.

I'll have to tell my landlord but am worried that I will be gouged as I have no idea what this sort of thing should cost here and cannot arrange the repairs myself.

Could anyone give me an idea of the cost of fixing a dry wall?

Many Thanks

Just buy (or steal) some tacky picture and stick it over the hole. Make sure it is not 'artistic' in any way. Cheesy works best. Or Chairman Mao. Or a 2001 calendar. Or an advertising brochure from the local supermarket.

If you broke through the wall, then get two - one for each side.

drywall? in, like, an apartment? groovy.

drywall is cheap, labor is cheaper. i doubt it will cost more than 100 rmb....depending on

the size of the hole and all. paint is expensive here, but then walls aren't usually painted.

if you're in an apartment complex, see if they have a maintenance office. they might could

fix yer hole just for the cost of materials...or help you arrange something. failing that,

ask a local rental agent - they usually have a few local unhandymen they can contact for

odd jobs.

Why don't you try asking the school that arranged the accommodation for you?

Isn't it their job to assist? They probably understand the situation more and unless they are totally foul they shouldn't charge you more (maybe a small charge for their time). We had something like this happen and we just fixed it.